Parveen Babi (Parveen Babi) is remembered for his glamorous avatar in blockbuster films like ‘Deewar’, ‘Namak Halal’, ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’ and ‘Shaan’ in the 70s and early 80s. Come, on the birth anniversary of Parveen Babi, know her life a little more closely.
1. Parveen was the first Bollywood star to appear on the front page of Time magazine in July 1976. She was also the first female superstar of Bollywood.
2. Parveen had worked with many male superstars in her career. Amitabh and Parveen acted in eight films.
3. Kabir Bedi’s wife Protima Bedi has written a book on his life.
4. Parveen used to be very careful about her career. She lived life on her own and was self-sufficient and never interfered in anyone’s work.
5. Parveen Babi, whose image was quite different from the sari-wearing actress back then, was indeed a trendsetter.
6. Parveen was the second highest paid Bollywood actress along with Reena Roy from 1976 to 1980.
7. Parveen was considered one of the most successful actresses of her era along with Hema Malini, Rekha, Zeenat Aman, Jaya Bhaduri, Reena Roy and Rakhi. Parveen Babi’s popularity was so high that there were reports that producers used to line her door to sign her for their new projects.
8. Parveen’s image seemed closer to Western culture, so she got roles according to her glamorous personality.
9. Parveen established herself as the first female superstar of Bollywood. She was most popular among the youth of that time, due to which she became one of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood.
10. Parveen was on the cover page of every film magazine. Parveen Babi was found dead in her Mumbai apartment on 22 January 2005.